2. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Beginning on or around April 13, 2015, look for official ballot cards, while supplies last, at participating Shoeless Joe’s locations in Ontario. Each ballot card will have one (1) pin (the “PIN”) number assigned to it. To enter the Contest, obtain a PIN and submit PIN by using any one of the four (4) entry methods listed below:
Each PIN is only valid for one (1) entry into the draw, regardless of entry method. Any subsequent entries with the same PIN will not be accepted. Standard text, data rates and/or charges may apply. Check your service carrier plan for your standard text and/or data fees. The Releasees (as defined below) will not be responsible for illegible, incomplete, lost, misdirected, technical failures or late entries, all of which will be void. All entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) to participate in this Contest. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification. All entries must be submitted and received by 12:00 pm (ET) on May 23rd, 2015 (the “Entry Deadline” and “Contest Closing Date”).
3. PRIZES: There are three(3)prizes(each,a“Prize”)available to be won.Each Prize consists of an invitation for the winner and one (1) guest to attend one game of the 2015 Stanley Cup® Final (the “Event”), where ever that Event may take place in either Canada or United States. Specifically, the Prize includes: (i) two (2) round trip economy class airline tickets or two (2) round trip economy class train tickets or shuttle transportation tickets (depending on distance of winner’s home from the Event location; method of transportation to be chosen by Sponsor in its sole discretion) departing from the closest major airport, train or shuttle to winner’s residence and onward to the city hosting the Event (the “Trip”). The type of transportation provided to the winner will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion and will depend on the distance between the winner’s residence and the city where the Event will take place. In the event that the winner resides in the city in which the Event takes place, no transportation will be provided to the winner and his/her guest. The Prize also includes: (ii) two (2) nights standard hotel accommodation (double occupancy); (iii) two (2) tickets to the Event (game and specific seating to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion); and (iv) return ground transportation between the airport, train or shuttle station and hotel and hotel to the Event.
Winner and his/her guest shall be responsible for any costs or expenses not specifically described above as included in the Prize, including but not limited to transportation to and from winner’s residence and the designated airport, train or shuttle station (as applicable), taxes, travel and/or medical insurance, airport improvement and security fees (if applicable), drinks, meals, and gratuities and all incidental and personal expenses. Winner will be required to use a credit card at hotel check in to cover any incidentals not specified as included in the Prize. Winner and his/her respective guest must travel together on the same itinerary departing from the same designated airport, train or shuttle station on the times and dates required or the Prize will be forfeited. All travel arrangements and accommodations must be booked through Sponsor or its agent. Once itinerary has been finalized between winner and Sponsor; no changes can be made unless approved by Sponsor. Winner and guest will be required to follow all directions of Sponsor and/or the Event organizers; failure to do so may result in termination of their participation, or continued participation, in the Prize and/or Event. The approximate value of this Prize is $6,000.00 CAD (based on sample Toronto departure). Actual value will depend on location of winner’s residence, specific seat location and the location of the selected city hosting the Event. Winner is not entitled to any monetary difference between the actual and stated value, if any.
It is the sole responsibility of the winner and his/her respective guest to obtain all required travel documents including a valid passport (or visa, if applicable).
Winner’s guest must be 21 years of age or older and both winner and his/her guest must not have any legal restrictions which would prevent them from traveling to the United States (if applicable) or otherwise participate in the Trip. Sponsor will not be held responsible in the event that the winner and/or his/her guest are denied entry into the United States (if applicable) or re-entry to Canada. In such an event, the winner and/or his/her guest will be solely responsible for any and all costs incurred, and the Prize will be forfeited. Winner and his/her guest will not be permitted into any licensed area unless they can show valid identification to verify proof of legal drinking age in the selected city. Sponsor does not condone and will not be held responsible for any illegal purchase or consumption of alcohol.
Prize is not transferable or assignable and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions in cash or otherwise, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to substitute a prize of equivalent monetary value if the Prize or any part cannot be awarded as described for any reason. The Releasees (as defined below) will not be responsible, however, if weather conditions, Event cancellations, labour disputes, any national emergency, war, civil commotion, acts of terrorism, acts of government or any agency thereof or other factors beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control prevent a Prize or any part of a Prize from being fulfilled. In any such event, a winner will not be provided with a substitute Prize or cash equivalent. If any activity relating to any part is cancelled or postponed for any reason, the balance of the Prize may be awarded in full satisfaction of the Prize award. Prizes will only be released to the verified winners. Return of any Prize/Prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Limit: one (1) Prize per household.
4. DRAWING: On or around May 30, 2015, a random drawing will be conducted from among all eligible entries received.
To be declared a winner of a Prize, a selected entrant must first correctly answer, a mathematical skill-testing question by phone and without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise. If a selected entrant: (i) cannot be contacted within two (2) business days of the first attempted notification; (ii) fails to correctly answer, or incorrectly answers, the skill-testing question; or (iii) fails to execute and return to Sponsor the Declaration and Release of Liability forms for the selected entrant and his/her guest within the time period indicated on such forms; and/or (iv) cannot accept the applicable Prize as awarded for any reason whatsoever; then the applicable Prize will be forfeited and the Sponsor has the right but not the obligation, in its sole discretion and time permitting, to select an alternate eligible entrant. The odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
5. RELEASES, ETC.: Before being declared a winner, a selected entrant will be required to sign a Declaration of Compliance and a Release of Liability form, which (among other things): (i) confirms compliance with these Official Contest Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the applicable Prize as awarded; (iii) releases the Sponsor, the NHL Entities, Shoeless Joe’s, and each of their respective advertising and promotional agencies, any contest judging organization, provincial liquor authorities, beer distribution companies, parent companies and affiliates of the foregoing and all of their respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; and (iv) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet. The Releasees do not make, nor in any manner are responsible or liable for: (i) any warranty, guarantee or representation, expressed or implied, in fact or in law relative to any Prize, including but not limited to its quality, merchantability, fitness for purpose or mechanical condition; and (ii) are not liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from the acceptance, use or misuse of any Prize, travel related thereto (as applicable), or otherwise from participation in this Contest. Declaration and Release documents must be returned within the time period indicated in the documents or the applicable Prize will be forfeited. Prize winner’s guest must also sign and return a Declaration and Release of Liability form prior to travel and/or participating in the Prize. The name of guest cannot be changed once the Declaration and Release of Liability form has been received by Sponsor or its agent.
6. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Without limiting the limitations of liability set forth elsewhere in these Official Contest Rules and/or the Declaration of Compliance and Release of Liability, and for greater certainty, the Releasees will not be liable for: a) any incomplete or inaccurate information, whether caused by Contest Website users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the capturing and/or processing of entries; b) the theft, loss, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries or the Contest Website; c) any problems with, or technical malfunctions of, telephone networks or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs; d) any failure of any e-mail to be received by or from Sponsor and/or entry to be captured or recorded for any reason including but not limited to traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof; e) damage to a participant’s or other person’s system occasioned by participation or downloading of materials in this Contest; f) any typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to errors in advertising, these Official Contest Rules, the selection and/or announcement of eligible winner(s), and/or the distribution of any Prize(s); and/or g) any combination of the above.
7. PERSONAL INFORMATION: By entering this Contest, entrants consent to the collection, use and disclosure of their personal information for the purposes of administering the Contest, including, but not limited to, for the purpose of receiving one or more messages, whether electronic or not, from the Sponsor or its designated representative, which may provide entrants with information regarding the Contest or otherwise further the administration of the Contest. The entrant will be deemed to have solicited these messages from the Sponsor by virtue of entering the Contest. By accepting a Prize, winners consent to the collection, use and disclosure to the public of their names, addresses (city, province/territory), voices, statements and photographs or other likenesses for publicity purposes in connection with the Contest in any media or formats, including but not limited to the Internet, without further notice, permission or compensation. Personal information will not otherwise be used or disclosed without consent. This section does not limit any other consent(s) that an individual may provide the Sponsor or others in relation to the collection, use and/or disclosure of their personal information.
8. RIGHT TO TERMINATE, SUSPEND OR AMEND: Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, amend or suspend this Contest, in whole or in part, at any time and without prior notice if any factor interferes with its proper conduct as contemplated by these Official Contest Rules.
9. MISCELLANEOUS: All decisions of the Sponsor, or any contest judging organization as designated by it, are final and binding without right of appeal in all matters relating to this Contest and by entering this Contest, all entrants agree to be bound by these Official Contest Rules. The Releasees will not be responsible for illegible, incomplete, lost, postage-due, misdirected, affected by technical failures, errors or late entries which will be void. Any use of automated devices is prohibited. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrants (or any other entrant(s) as deemed necessary by the Sponsor). Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. An entrant may be required to provide Sponsor with proof (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the entry in question.
Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify, from this Contest and any future Contest or other promotion conducted by Sponsor, any individual that it finds or believes to be not in compliance with these Official Contest Rules; to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or Contest Website; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Subject only to applicable law and any required regulatory approval, the Sponsor reserves the right and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these Official Contest Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant or entry with these Official Contest Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor affects the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Official Contest Rules, or for any other reason.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these English Official Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, the terms and conditions of these English Official Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
10.LIQUOR AUTHORITIES: The provincial liquor authorities are not connected with this Contest in any manner whatsoever and are not liable in any way whatsoever with regard to any matter relating to this Contest.
11. NHL ENTITIES PRIZE SUPPLIER: Entrants in this Contest acknowledge that NHL Entities’ only involvement with this Contest is as a Prize supplier, and by entering, release the NHL Entities from any and all liability with respect to the administration of the Contest, including without limitation, the delivery, non-delivery, acceptance, use and/or misuse of Prize or any part of a Prize. The information you provide will only be used by Sponsor and Shoeless Joe’s for the purposes of the administration and fulfillment of this Contest.
12. FACEBOOK: This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Molson Canada 2005 and Shoeless Joe’s not to Facebook, Inc. Any questions, comments, or complaints will be directed to Molson Canada 2005 and/or Shoeless Joe’s and not Facebook. Facebook is indemnified and held harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) for any claim related to the promotion including without limitation the publicity or administration thereof. The information you provide will only be used for the purposes of the administration and fulfillment of this Contest.